Website URL :

Making an Application - Forms and Fees

Applications can be made for Full Plans Submissions, Building Notices and Regularisation. You can post your application to us, deliver it by hand or submit it electronically.

From January 2013 we introduced telephone applications for some types of work.  This enables customers to submit their application over the phone, make a payment and book a site visit.  This service will save you filling in any forms and postage.  If you would like to submit an application over the phone or need further information, please call 01626 215793.

Please note a new Charging Scheme under the Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 will come into effect on the 1st April 2016 and replaced the previous scale of charges introduced by the Devon Building Control Partnership on 1st April 2013.

For any charges which are required which are not listed, please contact us for a quote on 01626 215793.

Submit forms Online

You can submit the below forms online using our online Building Control forms

  • Building Notice
  • Full Plans Submission
  • Regularisation of Unauthorised Building Works

This service is free and works with all CAD applications. It will eliminate the need to send multiple paper plans and is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

All applications should be submitted to our Newton Abbot Office with any cheques being made payable to Teignbridge District Council and sent to:

Teignbridge District Council
Devon Building Control Partnership
Forde House
Brunel Road
Newton Abbot
Devon TQ12 4XX

Alternatively payment can be made over the phone by calling 01626 215793. Please note there is a surcharge of 1.7% for credit card payments.

Application forms

Full Plans Application

Suitable for all work. Under this method the plans are examined by the Building Surveyor usually within two weeks and a decision is issued within an agreed time of up to 5 or 8 weeks. This means that your builder will be working to approved drawings

You can either:

Building Notice Submission

Suitable for all domestic work providing you are not building over a public sewer (if you are building over a sewer a Full Plans application will be required). You can start your project within 48 hours of acceptance.

You can either:

Either way work will be checked on site at various stages, however the Building Notice has more stringent checks on site. Whichever application type you choose, upon completion of works, a Certificate is issued which will be needed if the property should ever be sold. Approved Full Plans applications and Building Notices expire after 3 years unless the work has commenced.

Regularisation Application

Used when works have already started or are completed on site.  The fee for a Regularisation application is based on a risk assessment in respect of that work.  VAT is not payable on Regularisation applications.  For further clarification please call 01626 215793.

You can either:

How much does it cost?

Please contact the office on 01626 215793 to confirm the fee payable.

Demolition Notice Submission

We need to be informed of any plans to demolish buildings within the Partnership area.  For further advice and guidance please telephone 01626 215793.